Free Webinar: Investing in Tokenized Assets – Emergence of a New Assets Class for Asset Managers
The current economic downturn and simultaneous price slumps in the global financial markets have revealed considerable weaknesses and volatility risks in traditional asset classes. Here, crypto-assets such as Bitcoin or Ether could contribute to diversifying the investment portfolio in order to cushion the effects of market slumps. Additionally, new regulatory standards, such as the German Money Laundering Act, now allow banks to offer and custodize crypto-currencies, enabling institutional investors to invest in crypto-assets. In conjunction with an expected increase in Bitcoin prices, possibly caused by the upcoming Bitcoin halving in May, crypto assets now appear to be ready for institutionalization. Therefore, the Business Engineering Institute St. Gallen and the Frankfurt School Blockchain Center cordially invite you to a virtual panel discussion on May 20th where the following landmark companies discuss the outlook for this asset class as well as forthcoming market developments:
- Bitcoin Suisse is a pioneer in providing crypto-financial services since 2013
- SEBA Bank is a licensed Swiss bank providing a seamless, secure and easy-to-use bridge between digital and traditional assets
- Daura AG is the digital share platform for financing and investing in Swiss SMEs
Date and Location
Date: Wednesday, May 20th, 2020 14:00-15:15
Location: Zoom (access data will be emailed shortly before the start of the event)
Registration required via Eventbrite; dial-in via zoom (installation required); maximum number of participants: 300
14:00 Introductory remarks (Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center)
14:10 Company presentation and foreword to the panel (Dr. Raffael Huber, Bitcoin Suisse)
14:20 Company presentation and foreword to the panel (Dr. Daniel Kuehne, SEBA Crypto)
14:30 Company presentation and foreword to the panel (Peter Schnürer, Daura AG)
14:40 Introductory panel discussion remarks (Thomas Zerndt, Business Engineering Institute St. Gallen)
14:45 Panel discussion and Q&A (Moderation: Philipp Schulden, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center)
15:15 End of webinar
The panel discussion will revolve around the following three theses:
- Crypto-assets, such as Bitcoin and Ether, are likely to become an alternative and a complementary asset class, increasingly sought after by asset managers as a result of the current crisis and integrated in the future financial system.
- The upcoming Bitcoin halving and the accompanying supply shortage will potentially result in significant price increases of crypto-assets and improve their standing as alternative investment opportunities potentially outperforming gold or silver.
- Sustainability and transparency through tokenization can become a new value proposition of crypto-assets. Accordingly, they are not incompatible with sustainable investments. Bitcoin, for instance, can contribute to higher R&D investments in the development of renewable energies.
This Event Is Ideal for the Following People
We think the event is best suited for:
- Investors interested in digital assets
- Employees and decision-makers from the financial sector interested in blockchain technology
- Analysts dealing with the application of these technologies
- Startup founders and startup enthusiasts interested in blockchain technology
- Consultants and lawyers interested in the implications of blockchain technology
- People who are interested in alternative ways of investment
Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
Telefon: +49 69 154 008-790
About Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
The Frankfurt School Blockchain Center is a think tank and research center which investigates the implications of blockchain technology for companies and their business models. Apart from the development of prototypes, it serves as a platform for managers, startups, technology and industry experts to share knowledge and best practices. The Blockchain Center also provides new research impulses and develops training for students and executives. It focuses on banking, mobility, “Industry 4.0” and the energy sector.
Further information can be found on their website, on Facebook, or on Twitter.
About the Business Engineering Institute St. Gallen (BEI)
The BEI supports a large number of companies in their digital transformation and is the leading institute in the German-speaking world that combines theory and practice. It has been conducting applied and design-oriented research at the interface between business and IT for over 20 years in cooperation with various universities and initiatives. The BEI orchestrates the development of business ecosystems with its industry partners and believes in the creation of innovative business models in interdisciplinary and interorganizational networks.
Further information can be found on our website, as well as on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Core Banking Radar – «From Modularbank to Tuum – a core banking system that’s not only for banks» - 09.12.2021
- Open Banking White Paper – The Future of Collaboration in Corporate Banking - 13.10.2020
- Free Webinar: Investing in Tokenized Assets – Emergence of a New Assets Class for Asset Managers - 15.05.2020